Almond blueberry tarts
Recipe for almond blueberry tartsThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown. INGREDIENTS:
83g butter, chilled
150g high-ratio/cake flour
40g icing sugar
10g milk powder
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1 Grade C egg
65g icing sugar, sifted
50g all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 tsp baking powder, sifted with all-purpose flour
15g evaporated milk
75g ground almond
- Sift flour, icing sugar and milk powder together into a mixing bowl.
- Rub in butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in the egg and vanilla essence. Mix it until the pastry begins to form large lumps. Press together gently with your fingers until the pastry forms a ball.
- Chill pastry dough for about 30-60 minutes.
- Cream sifted icing sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time. Mix well after each addition.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, evaporated milk and ground almond.
- Press some pastry evenly into tart mould. Trim the edges to remove excessive dough. Prick base of each tart with a fork.
- Fill tart with some almond paste. Top with blueberry filling. Spoon almond paste to cover up the blueberry filling.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160-180 degC for 30-35 minutes until skewer inserted into almond paste comes out clean .
- Leave the tarts in moulds for 10 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
- Blueberry filling can either be totally incorporated in the almond paste, or be placed on top of almond paste. In the latter case, use a skewer to draw on blueberry filling to create patterns.
- Note that heating characteristic of every oven varies. Please adjust temperature, heat direction and cooking time of your oven accordingly.
- You can also use raspberry, strawberry or chocolate fillings to replace the blueberry filling.
Share this content!
Reference: Almond blueberry tarts
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.