⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A classic German dish, pronounced Verinika, that my grandmother in-law handed down to my wife. These are only made for special occasions in her family because grandma has to make several batches at a time.
Ready in: 1 hour 30 mins
- 3 (16 ounce) packages dry cottage cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- Pinch of salt
- t teaspoon shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2-3 cups flour, or as needed to make the dough thick
Prep: 1 hour 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Mix all ingredients for the stuffing set aside.
2. Mix all ingredients for the dough. The dough should be stiff enough to withstand boiling. Roll the dough out to where it is 1/2 inch thick.
3. Spoon a tablespoon of stuffing into the middle of the dough from one side to the other, fold over, take a cookie cutter and cut out half moon shapes.
4. Boil the crescents until the dough is tender, set aside on a paper towel to dry.
5. Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
6. Once dry, fry the crescent in hot grease until done, let cool and enjoy.
Reference: Vernicka recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.