Vegetarian cinnamon java chili recipe
Vegetarian Cinnamon Java ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the mouthwatering Vegetarian Cinnamon Java Chili recipe, a delightful twist on the classic chili dish. This unique recipe combines the warmth of cinnamon and the rich flavors of coffee to create a truly unforgettable taste experience. Packed with protein-rich beans, vegetables, and aromatic spices, this vegetarian version of chili is perfect for those seeking a hearty and comforting meal. Whether you're a vegetarian or simply looking to explore new flavors, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Keywords: vegetarian, cinnamon, java, chili, recipe.
Vegetarian cinnamon java chili recipe details
With bold spices and a hint of espresso, this sweet and spicy vegetarian chili stands up against even the meatiest competitors. Of course, carnivores can add in their choice of meats before cooking the onions.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup brewed espresso (or substitute strong French-pressed coffee)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 16 ounce canned kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces sour cream
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat a 12-inch sauté pan and add olive oil. Once oil is heated, drop in onions and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until caramelized.
2. Add in mushrooms and garlic and continue cooking, stirring frequently for another 5 minutes until mushrooms are browned and reduced.
3. Pour in coffee, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder, brown sugar, cayenne powder and cinnamon, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes until very thick.
4. Once chili has thickened, pour in balsamic vinegar to deglaze and simmer another 5 minutes.
5. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Vegetarian cinnamon java chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.