Three alarm black bean chili con carne recipe
Three Alarm Black Bean Chili Con Carne
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Jack Daniel’s(R) whiskey gives this one that extra kick! Serve this with shredded Cheddar cheese, plenty of cornbread, butter and honey.
Ready in: 5 hours 15 mins
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 pounds stew beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel’s whiskey, or to taste
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 5 hours
1. Heat oil in large pot; brown beef on all sides, then remove and drain well on paper towels. Saute onions and garlic in oil; return meat to pan.
2. Add the tomatoes, sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, oregano, chili powder, salt and crush red pepper. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 hours.
3. After 3 hours, stir in the black beans and whiskey. Continue simmering until the meat is tender, about 2 hours more.
Tags: recipe, Three alarm black bean chili con carne recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Three alarm black bean chili con carne recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com