Steamed chocolate fudge cake
Recipe for steamed chocolate fudge cakeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe is for a delicious and decadent dessert - Steamed Chocolate Fudge Cake. With its moist and rich texture, this cake is perfect for chocolate lovers. The steaming method ensures a soft and gooey center, while the fudgy chocolate flavor takes it to the next level. This recipe is simple and easy to follow, making it a great choice for any occasion or just a sweet treat at home.
Keywords: steamed, chocolate fudge cake, moist, rich, fudgy
steamed chocolate fudge cake detailsINGREDIENTS:
Makes one 8″ cake
90g castor sugar
100ml condensed milk
50g cocoa powder
150g cake flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda, sifted together with cake flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
30g liquid glucose
180g dairy whipping cream or double cream
340g cooking chocolate, chopped
- Combine sugar, milk, butter and condensed milk in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- In a mixing bowl, add cocoa powder. Pour (1) slowly into cocoa powder while mixer is mixing at medium speed. Make sure there are no lumps formed. Set aside to let cool.
- Add eggs gradually into chocolate milk.
- Fold flour into mixture until no lumps are found.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch round tin.
- Steam for 40 minutes over rapid boiling water. Add boiled water during steaming, if necessary.
- Let cake in pan for 10 minutes. Turn cake onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
To prepare fudge:
- Stir whipping cream, glucose and butter over low heat until hot and well blended.
- Add chopped chocolate and continue to heat until chocolate is melted. Stir constantly.
- Cool down in an ice bath or leave it at room temperature overnight to firm up.
- Slice cake into 2 or 3 layers (according to your preference) and sandwich them with chocolate fudge.
- Coat the cake with chocolate fudge and make designs with a fork or cake comb. Decorate cake with cherries, strawberries, chocolate decorations etc.
- Suggestion: Multiply weights of all ingredients (A) by 1.5 to achieve a taller cake.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Steamed chocolate fudge cake
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.