Spring hill ranch central texas style barbecue sauce recipe
Spring Hill Ranch Central Texas-Style Barbecue SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the Spring Hill Ranch Central Texas Style Barbecue Sauce recipe, a mouthwatering combination of flavors that will elevate your grilling experience. This recipe is inspired by the rich barbecue traditions of Central Texas, known for its bold and tangy sauces. With a perfect balance of sweetness, smokiness, and a hint of heat, this sauce is a must-have for any barbecue lover. Whether you're slathering it on ribs, chicken, or burgers, this homemade sauce will take your barbecued dishes to the next level.
Keywords: Spring Hill Ranch, Central Texas, barbecue sauce, recipe, tangy.
spring hill ranch central texas style barbecue sauce recipe details
From the Hill Country of central Texas, where beef and lamb are kings of the slow-smoking barbecue pit, influenced by the hearty German pioneers of the area, this is a sweet, very savory tomato-based sauce with just the right hint of spicy heat. It adds a wonderful complexity to barbecued beef brisket and beef ribs and even lamb shanks. The sauce keeps well covered and refrigerated for at least a week. Oh, and this recipe may be cut into thirds for smaller quantities. Also, the sauce is not overly spicy hot as written here, and you can certainly add more of the spicy stuff if you care to.
Ready in: 45 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 quart
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (fresh is best but bottled will do)
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly coarse ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low to maintain a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 30 minutes.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Spring hill ranch central texas style barbecue sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.