Spring hill ranch basic herb sauce recipe
Spring Hill Ranch Basic Herb SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking to add a burst of flavor to your dishes? Look no further than the Spring Hill Ranch Basic Herb Sauce recipe. This versatile sauce is a must-have in every kitchen, as it enhances the taste of any dish it accompanies. With just a handful of fresh herbs and a few pantry staples, you can whip up this delightful sauce in no time. Whether you're grilling meats, drizzling it over roasted vegetables, or using it as a dipping sauce, this recipe is sure to elevate your culinary creations.
Keywords: Spring Hill Ranch, basic herb sauce, recipe, versatile, fresh herbs.
spring hill ranch basic herb sauce recipe details
Beginning cooks tend to get a little intimidated about sauces, but they really are simple. This is a basic white sauce with a handful of herbs added and it’ll impress the hell out of your guests!
Ready in: 12 mins
IngredientsMakes: 3 cups (+/-)
- 2 cups beef, chicken or fish broth
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- herbs of choice (see step #1)
- 4 Tablespoons (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 4 Tablespoons (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream (yes, you can use half-and-half or even milk if you just have to!)
Preparation methodPrep: 2 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Pour the broth into a small pan, add the salt, pepper and herb(s) of choice and heat over medium heat until simmering. Note: Use herbs sparingly and remember that you can always add more…but will have a tough time removing it once it’s been added! Bringing this mixture up to a simmer will make the sauce thicken faster and with less lumping. Herbs: 1 teaspoon dill (great with most fish); or 2 teaspoons dry mustard (with fish, pork or chicken); or 1 teaspoon rosemary (with beef or lamb); or 1 teaspoon tarragon; or 2 teaspoons herb de Provençe; or …you get the idea.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Increase the heat to medium and add the flour. Whisk like hell until combined (it takes just a few seconds). Add the simmering broth and whisk like hell some more until combined and thickened, about another 30 seconds. Add the cream and herb(s), stir quickly and remove from the heat. Adjust her(s) as necessary, remembering that it may take a few minutes and some stirring for the herb(s) to reach full strength.
3. While whisking continuously and vigorously, add the simmering broth. Whisk like hell some more until combined and thickened, about another 30 seconds. Add the cream, stir quickly and then remove the pan from the heat. Adjust the herb(s) if necessary, remembering that it may take a few minutes and some stirring for the herb(s) to reach full strength.
4. If you won’t be using the sauce immediately, keep it warm and whisk it once in awhile so it doesn’t get a “skin” on the top.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Spring hill ranch basic herb sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.