Spicy chili stuffed zucchini recipe
Spicy Chili Stuffed Zucchini
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Make your extra zucchini happy with this dish–either a very hearty appetizer or a main dish. Either way, bust out some milk or beer. This is a spicy one.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup jarred pickled jalapeno chiles, finely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Use a spoon to carve out the insides of the zucchini halves, leaving boat shapes. Place in a microwavable baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 3 minutes until crisp-tender.
3. Pour oil into a skillet and place over medium heat. Cook onion in hot oil for 3 minutes, then stir in beef and cumin and cook until beef is browned (about 4 more minutes). Add tomatoes and jalapenos.
4. Sprinkle zucchini boats with salt, then stuff with beef tomato mixture. Cover with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
Reference: Spicy chili stuffed zucchini recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.