Simple chocolate pear tart recipe
Simple Chocolate Pear Tart
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Delicious soft chocolate cake with pears and almonds, easy to make and your guests will love it! My grandchildren sure do.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 1 rolled out puff pastry on parchment paper
- 5 ounces dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 (18 ounce) can half pears, drained
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the rolled out pastry with parchment paper into a large round tart pan and press it firmly into the bottom and sides of the pan. Prick base of dough several times with a fork.
3. Melt the chocolate very gently a microwave on Low or in a bain marie/double boiler. Add tablespoons of water to loosen the chocolate.
4. Break 1 egg in a mixing bowl and add 2 egg yolks. Keep the remaining egg-whites of the 2 eggs in a separate bowl.
5. Add the sugar to the egg and egg yolks and beat with an electric mixer until the egg mixture has tripled in volume.
6. While stirring constantly with a spatula, add the melted chocolate, the vanilla extract, and the soft butter to the sugar and egg mixture. Stir until blended.
7. Beat the 2 egg whites into “snow.” This will take a few minutes. Then fold them very gently into the batter and pour the batter into the pastry dough.
8. Place the pears equally at the outskirts of the pan with the point of the pear to the center, cut-side down, and sprinkle with almonds.
9. Bake for 35 minutes.
Tags: recipe, Simple chocolate pear tart recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Simple chocolate pear tart recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com