Sausage puff recipe
Sausage Puff recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) bulk sausage, cooked and drained of fat
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 1 large portabella mushroom
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking sheet. To make filling, mix together sausage, cheeses, mushroom, and spices; set aside.
Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured 20-inch long sheet of waxed paper. Roll into a 9 x 15-inch rectangle using a floured rolling pin. Spread filling down center of pastry sheet. Fold pastry over filling, folding short sides in first, the fold over the 2 large sides, envelope style. Pinch seams closed. Place seam side down onto prepared baking sheet. Remove waxed paper. Brush with melted butter.
Bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes more. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack to cool slightly. Cut into slices.
Reference: Sausage puff recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.