Quick turkey and bacon chili recipe
Quick Turkey and Bacon Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Coffee, bacon, cocoa and a slew of Mexican spices give this turkey chili plenty of flavor.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Combine chicken broth and ancho chiles in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, then mash with a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium. Cook the bacon in hot oil for about 3 minutes, then add the ground turkey. Cook until browned, then add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes more.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to the soup pot and simmer on low heat to heat everything through. Serve with grated cheese, if desired.
Reference: Quick turkey and bacon chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.