Potted smoked fish recipe
Potted Smoked Fish Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Smoked haddock, kippered herring, salmon or trout (8ounces)
2. unsalted butter at room temperature (6ounces)
3. clarified butter (1/2c)
4. cayenne pepper (to taste)
5. lemon juice (to taste)
Method of preparation
1. If you are using haddock or Kippered herring then pour the boiling water over the fish and keep it for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and the bones from the fish. Salmon and trout fish need not to be placed in boiling water but the skin and the bones.
2. Now place the fish in the bowl of a blender with unsalted butter. Blend the fish until it gets smooth and then add lemon juice and pepper according to taste.
3. Now put the mixture into the pots, sealing the top with clarified butter. Clarified butter can be made by simmering unsalted butter and skimmimg off the milk solids.
4. Cover with the foil or he waxed paper and store in the refrigerator. Serve it with brown bread or thin pieces of toast.
Number of servings- 8
Reference: Potted smoked fish recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.