Pecan crusted trout with roasted artichoke sauce recipe
Pecan-Crusted Trout with Roasted Artichoke SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Oven baked trout finished with a white wine butter sauce that has mushrooms, fire roasted bell pepper and artichokes.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 2 rainbow trout, split open
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely ground or chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 3 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup Pinot Grigio wine
- 6 ounces marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 ounces fire roasted bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed, foil lined baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place fillets on baking sheet.
2. Melt half of the butter, brush over the rainbow trout. In a small bowl combine the panko, pecans, garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Mix to combine, and evenly distribute the mixture over the rainbow trout fillets.
3. Bake the rainbow trout for about 25 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
4. Meanwhile, heat the grapeseed oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms lightly saute for about 3 minutes. Stir in the artichoke hearts, remaining 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and pepper. Continue to cook and stir for about 6 minutes, then stir in the white wine. Allow the wine to simmer and reduce by half, about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the fire roasted bell pepper, cook and stir until the peppers are warmed through. Stir in the remaining butter until it melts. Serve the sauce over the cooked trout.
Reference: Pecan crusted trout with roasted artichoke sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)