New zealand meat pie recipe
New Zealand Meat PieThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
My take on the classic Kiwi mince pie, served with mashed potatoes and ketchup. . . ultimate down-under comfort food.
Ready in: 1 hour 30 mins
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper (divided)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 32 ounces beef stock
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons Bisto (optional)
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
Preparation methodPrep: 1 hour | Cook: 30 mins
1. In a large pot combine ground beef, salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce with enough water to cover beef. Bring to a boil and simmer until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain beef in a colander. Wipe pot with paper towel.
2. Return beef to pot and add beef stock, peas, corn, onion, mushrooms, bouillon cube, Bisto, 1 teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil and simmer until onions are soft and mixture is beginning to reduce, 25 to 30 minutes. Whisk corn starch with a small amount of water; add to beef mixture and stir until thickened.
3. Line a pie pan with pastry, add beef mixture, cover with pastry, crimp edges and prick top.
4. Place pie in pre-heated 375 degree oven and bake until crust lightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving.Cook’s note
Bisto is a meat-flavored gravy powder.
Share this content!
Reference: New zealand meat pie recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 122 times, 1 visits today)