Lemon pepper scones
Lemon Pepper Scones recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1-1/2 egg replacer combined with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 pound (1 cube) cold soy margarine
- 1/2 cup soy milk or rice milk
Combine all dry ingredients in food processor. Cut margarine into chunks and drop into whirling food processor until dry ingredients resemble coarse meal. In small bowl, combine egg replacer and water, mix well and set aside. In medium bowl combine soy or rice milk with lemon zest, then add egg replacer mixture to milk mixture. Pour into whirling food processor and process only until dough begins to form a ball.
Remove dough, knead few times on lightly floured board and form into 8 to 10 scones. Bake: 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Suggestions:Brush tops of scones with 1 tablespoon warmed marmalade or apricot jam. You can also brush tops of scones with 1 tablespoon of warmed honey before baking.
- Substitutes for non-vegan
- 1 egg for egg replacer and water
- 1 cube butter for soy margarine
- 1/2 cup milk (non-fat or regular) for soy/rice milk
Tags: recipe, Lemon pepper scones, cooking, diy