Lemon chicken tortellini soup recipe
Lemon Chicken Tortellini SoupThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis lemon chicken tortellini soup recipe is a delightful combination of tangy flavors and hearty ingredients. Bursting with the freshness of lemons and tender chicken, this soup is perfect for a comforting meal on a chilly day. The addition of tortellini adds a delightful twist, making it a complete and satisfying dish. With just a few simple steps, you can whip up this flavorful soup in no time. Get ready to indulge in a bowl of warm goodness that will leave you craving for more!
Keywords: lemon, chicken, tortellini, soup, recipe
Lemon chicken tortellini soup recipe details
A nice mix of veggie/cheesy, spicy/sour, this winter warmer is ready in just 40 minutes.
Ready in: 40 mins
- 1 (19 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Cook pasta in water until al dente, according to package instructions, then drain.
2. While pasta is cooking: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for about 8 minutes, until meat is no longer pink in the middle. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
3. Add bell pepper and garlic to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, until pepper is tender with a little bite left. Pour 2 cups of broth into the skillet.
4. While broth comes to a boil: stir flour, salt, pepper, and the last cup of broth together in a bowl. Add to the boiling broth in the skillet slowly, stirring until the sauce thickens.
5. Add chicken, lemon zest, hot sauce, and spinach to the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes to wilt the spinach, then add drained pasta. Toss well to combine.
6. Serve sprinkled with cheese.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Lemon chicken tortellini soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 24 times, 1 visit(s) today