Leftover turkey divan recipe
“Leftover” Turkey DivanThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a delicious way to use up your leftover turkey? Look no further than this mouthwatering leftover turkey divan recipe. This dish takes tender pieces of leftover turkey and combines them with broccoli florets, creamy sauce, and melted cheese for a comforting and satisfying meal. It's easy to make and perfect for using up any extra turkey from the holidays. Serve it over rice or noodles for a complete and hearty dinner.
Keywords: leftover turkey, divan recipe, broccoli, creamy sauce, melted cheese.
Leftover turkey divan recipe details
An easy way to utilize leftover turkey and to get kids to eat broccoli! This flavorful recipe was passed to me from my mom, who got it from her friend Luanne. Over the years I have made a few variations and this is my version!
Ready in: 55 mins
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of salt
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups Hellmans(R) (yes, it matters!) Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 4 cups cooked shredded or diced turkey (I find dark meat works best)
- 1 1/2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, THINLY sliced (or 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar)
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, drizzle broccoli and mushrooms with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt, and layer the broccoli only (reserve mushrooms) in the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the soup, mayonnaise, curry powder, wine, minced garlic, pepper, and chopped onion. Mix together until curry is well blended.
4. Sprinkle in the parsley, and then lightly spread a coating of about half of the soup mixture over the broccoli.
5. Evenly spread the turkey over the broccoli, then add the mushrooms and some extra parsley, if you desire.
6. Cover this entirely with the remaining sauce, then sprinkle with the bread crumbs. Here is where you have an option depending on mood: usually I cover the bread crumbs with thinly sliced butter to create a kind of crust, but the white cheddar makes a great topping if mixed with them as well.
7. Bake until topping is crisp, about 40 minutes, and serve hot from the casserole dish!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Leftover turkey divan recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.