Leftover chicken n veggie noodle soup recipe
Leftover Chicken N Veggie Noodle Soup
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is a soup that was made using a leftover whole cooked chicken and some veggies which we scrounged up from the fridge.
Ready in: 1 hour 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white or green onion
- 3/4 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- A handful fresh green beans, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 quart chicken stock (we used Swansons)
- 2 16 ounce cans vegetable broth
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried parsley (can use fresh if you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable seasoning
- 1/3 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 3 small to medium potatoes, diced into bite size pieces.
- 2-3 cups diced cooked chicken2-3 cups small elbow macaroni (Or any your favorite pasta)
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. In a large soup pot add the olive oil, making sure you coat the bottom. Then add the onion, celery, carrots and green beans and cook the vegetables 5 to 8 minutes on medium heat.
2. Add the chicken stock and the cans of vegetable broth; bring the mixture to a boil. Add the parsley, garlic salt, bay leaves, veggie seasoning, dill, pepper and the chicken. Cook COVERED for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. At the end of the 30 minutes add the potatoes and the macaroni and cook for 15 minutes. Fork test the potatoes and see if they need to be cooked longer, if they are soft and easily penetrated by the fork then they and you are now done.
Reference: Leftover chicken n veggie noodle soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.