Kickin buffalo chicken nachos recipe
Kickin’ Buffalo Chicken Nachos
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
These hearty, dude-pleasing nachos are bursting with flavor. The combination of the crunchy tortilla chips with the spicy buffalo chicken and the cool blue cheese dressing make the perfect accompaniment to a frosty cold beverage (or two!) and are great any time of day. The recipe serves 4 but sharing is optional!
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 (13 oz.) bag restaurant style white corn tortilla chips (such as Tostitos)
- 1/2 cup bottled cayenne pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot brand)
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3/4 cup prepared blue cheese salad dressing, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (leftover or store-bought rotisserie chicken works well)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup bottled pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 4 oz. precooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet (such as a ‘half-sheet pan’) with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the tortilla chips out onto the baking sheet, and shake pan to distribute pile evenly.
2. In a bowl, combine the bottled cayenne pepper sauce, melted butter and 1/4 cup of the prepared blue cheese salad dressing and mix well. Add the shredded cooked chicken and toss well to coat.
3. Sprinkle the red onion, tomato, black olives and jalapeno slices over the tortilla chips. Sprinkle the buffalo chicken over the tortilla chips and top with the crumbled bacon.
4. In a small bowl, combine the shredded Mexican cheese blend with the Monterey Jack cheese and mix well. Evenly sprinkle cheese over the entire pile of covered chips.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheeses are melted and lightly browned. Remove from oven and drizzle with the remaining 1/2 cup of blue cheese salad dressing. Top with the chopped cilantro (or parsley) and serve with a frosty-cold beverage (or two!) of your choice. Enjoy!
Reference: Kickin buffalo chicken nachos recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.