Fried panfish recipe
Fried PanfishThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is my favorite way to fry freshwater lake fish. I’ve never seen a recipe for it, so here’s how I do my thing.
Ready in: 20 mins
- 14 panfish fillets, cleaned
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- seasoning salt and black pepper, to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Place fish in a large bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate large bowl.
2. Pour egg over fish and toss to coat. Transfer fish to bread crumbs and toss until coated thoroughly.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add fillets to hot oil without crowding. Fry until fish is golden brown and flakes easily with a fork. Flip fillets once so both sides cook evenly.
5. Drain on paper towels; season with seasoning salt and pepper immediately. Repeat with remaining fish, adding more oil as needed.
Reference: Fried panfish recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)