Flat iron steak with french onion mushroom sauce recipe
Flat Iron Steak with French Onion Mushroom SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Country-steakhouse style, with a creamy mushroom sauce flavoring every bite.
Ready in: 15 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1 flat iron steak (or more)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup prepared French onion dip
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
4. While steak is grilling, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, stir, and cook for another 3 minutes until heated through.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let the meat rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Pour creamy sauce over steak and serve.Note
Sauce makes about 1 cup of sauce.
Share this content!
Reference: Flat iron steak with french onion mushroom sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)