Easter bunny stew recipe
Easter Bunny Stew⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
This is an Easter dinner for us men… Ya can hunt, skin, gut, soak & prepare the rabbit yourself, or go to a butcher or enthic grocery store and get one ready to cook. No gamey taste.
Ready in: 3 hours 30 mins
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 turnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper or lemon pepper, to taste
- 1 rabbit, cleaned and ready to cook
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 3 hours
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place vegetables in 11×9-inch baking dish and add about 1/2 inch water. Sprinkle with spice of choice: salt & pepper or lemon pepper.
3. Place rabbit on top of vegs, sprinkle with more spices, cover with foil.
4. Cook approximately 3 hrs or until fork tender. To prevent vegetables from over-cooking, you can add them in the last 1 to 1/2 hour of cooking.
5. Drain & set aside liquid/broth; make gravy using broth if desired, add spice of choice.
6. Place rabbit & vegs back in pan, pour gravy over rabbit & vegs.Alternate method
Use fork to judge cook time, mine always falls off the bone, just be patient … also there is not much meat on rabbit, will serve 4
Serve w/ mashed potatoes or asparagus or coleslaw ….. and for dessert, see my recipe for rabbit face shape cake.
Tags: recipe, Easter bunny stew recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Easter bunny stew recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com