Easter bunny stew recipe
Easter Bunny StewThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a unique and delicious dish to serve this Easter? Look no further than the Easter bunny stew recipe! This hearty and flavorful stew is made with tender pieces of rabbit meat, fresh vegetables, and aromatic herbs and spices. It's the perfect way to celebrate the holiday with a twist. Whether you're looking to impress your guests or simply want to try something new, this recipe is sure to be a hit!
Keywords: Easter bunny stew, recipe, rabbit meat, fresh vegetables, aromatic herbs
Easter bunny stew recipe details
This is an Easter dinner for us men… Ya can hunt, skin, gut, soak & prepare the rabbit yourself, or go to a butcher or enthic grocery store and get one ready to cook. No gamey taste.
Ready in: 3 hours 30 mins
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 turnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper or lemon pepper, to taste
- 1 rabbit, cleaned and ready to cook
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 3 hours
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place vegetables in 11×9-inch baking dish and add about 1/2 inch water. Sprinkle with spice of choice: salt & pepper or lemon pepper.
3. Place rabbit on top of vegs, sprinkle with more spices, cover with foil.
4. Cook approximately 3 hrs or until fork tender. To prevent vegetables from over-cooking, you can add them in the last 1 to 1/2 hour of cooking.
5. Drain & set aside liquid/broth; make gravy using broth if desired, add spice of choice.
6. Place rabbit & vegs back in pan, pour gravy over rabbit & vegs.Alternate method
Use fork to judge cook time, mine always falls off the bone, just be patient … also there is not much meat on rabbit, will serve 4Alternate method
Serve w/ mashed potatoes or asparagus or coleslaw ….. and for dessert, see my recipe for rabbit face shape cake.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Easter bunny stew recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.