Cheese soup recipe
Cheese Soup recipe⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 clove garlic crushed and chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
In top part of double boiler, over direct heat, cook vegetables in melted butter until barely tender (5 minutes or so), stirring frequently. Add flour, stir well. Add chicken broth and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add milk, cheese, and seasonings and put over water and cook 1 hour covered. Sprinkle with almonds.
Tips:For a heartier soup suitable for a main dish, add ground beef. Almost any combination of vegetable that pleases you can be used in this soup. This soup keeps well and freezes beautifully.
Tags: recipe, Cheese soup recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Cheese soup recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com