Casserole cornbread recipe
Casserole Cornbread recipe⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
- 2 large onions, chopped (substitute chopped chives)
- 6 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Two 17-ounce cans cream-style corn
- One 16-ounce package cornmeal muffin mix
- 1/2 pint dairy sour cream (1 cup)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter a 13 x 9-inch inch baking dish. In medium skillet, saute onion in butter until golden, set aside. In medium bowl, mix eggs, and milk until blended. Add corn and muffin mix. Mix well. Spread cornbread batter into baking dish. Spoon sauteed onion over top. Spread sour cream over onion. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 35 minutes or until puffed and golden. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares. May be refrigerated or frozen and reheated.
Tags: recipe, Casserole cornbread recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Casserole cornbread recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com