Recipe for butter rollThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introButter roll is a delectable dessert that combines the richness of butter with a light, flaky pastry. This delightful treat is a perfect choice for any occasion, whether it's a cozy family gathering or a special celebration. The recipe requires simple ingredients and minimal prep time, making it an easy and hassle-free option for bakers of all levels. With its melt-in-your-mouth texture and irresistible buttery flavor, the butter roll is sure to become a crowd-pleaser.
Keywords: dessert, butter, flaky pastry, easy recipe, crowd-pleaser.
Butter roll detailsINGREDIENTS:
1 egg, lightly beaten
400g high protein/ bread flour
60g castor sugar
50g salted butter
2 tsp bread improver (optional)
1 tsp bread softener (optional)
2 tsp yeasts
1 egg, lightly beaten for egg glaze
185g tuna spread or any other filling of your choice
- Measure all ingredients into the bread pan in correct order as suggested by the manufacturer of your breadmaker . Insert bread pan into breadmaker.
- Select setting to Dough. When unit signals and display reads 0:00, remove dough.
- Punch dough down to release air bubbles produced during the proving. Divide dough into 15 equal portions, each weighs approx. 53g. Shape into rounds . Cover dough with a damp cloth and rest for 5 minutes
- Dust working surface with a little flour. Shape a dough into a tear-drop shape . Using a rolling pin, roll dough out. Place some filling at the broader end of dough. Roll the dough up . Make sure filling is enclosed. Repeat this step with the rest of the dough.
- Arrange bread dough on a greaseproof baking tray. Cover with a damp cloth and prove for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 190 degC. Glaze rolls with egg glaze. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until top of buns are golden brown .
- Remove buns on to a wire rack. Glaze buns again with egg glaze. Let cool.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Butter roll
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.