Best corned beef and cheese strata recipe
Best Corned Beef and Cheese StrataThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a delicious and satisfying breakfast or brunch recipe? Look no further than the best corned beef and cheese strata recipe! This mouthwatering dish combines tender corned beef, gooey cheese, and layers of bread soaked in an egg mixture, resulting in a flavorful and hearty casserole. Perfect for feeding a crowd or enjoying as leftovers, this strata is easy to prepare and guaranteed to impress. Get ready to indulge in a comforting and cheesy breakfast delight!
Keywords: corned beef, cheese, strata, recipe, breakfast
Best corned beef and cheese strata recipe details
Like major flavor with your breakfast? Check out the incredible seasoning in this meaty breakfast casserole–Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cayenne pepper, onion–amazing tastes in every filling bite.
Ready in: 9 hours 10 mins
- 12 slices rye bread, crusts removed
- 1 pound fully cooked corned beef, diced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups 2-percent milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup cored, seeded, and minced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 50 mins | Extra time: 8 hours, chilling
1. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Nestle 6 of the bread slices in the bottom of the baking dish, then distribute corned beef and cheese over the bread and top with remaining slices.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs with milk, Worcestershire, mustard, salt, pepper, cayenne, onions, and green pepper until frothy. Pour over the strata, cover with plastic wrap or foil, and place in refrigerator for 8 hours (or overnight).
3. Remove from refrigerator and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Then drizzle the butter over the strata and top with cornflakes.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Best corned beef and cheese strata recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.