Basic chili with turkey and beans recipe
Basic Chili with Turkey and Beans
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Doesn’t get much more simple than this–and with the addition of ground turkey, it’s healthier than your typical bowl o’ red. Inspired by Jamie’s “Auntie’s Chili with Beef”
Ready in: 2 hours 5 mins
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 to 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 2 hours
1. In a large soup pot, brown turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and bring to a low boil.
2. In a small bowl, mix chili powder, sugar and 1/4 cup water until dissolved. Then pour over the beef and stir to mix.
3. Return to boil and simmer on low for 90 minutes. Add beans and heat through, then serve.
Reference: Basic chili with turkey and beans recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)