Bacon ice cream recipe
Bacon Ice CreamThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIndulge in the perfect blend of sweet and savory with this unique Bacon Ice Cream recipe. Combining the creaminess of traditional ice cream with the smoky, salty flavors of crispy bacon, this dessert is sure to satisfy your taste buds. The recipe, with its simple 41365 steps, offers a delightful twist to the classic treat, making it a perfect choice for adventurous food lovers. Prepare to experience the unexpected combination of flavors that will leave you craving for more.
Keywords: bacon, ice cream, recipe, sweet and savory, unique.
Bacon ice cream recipe details
Everything is better with bacon, as they say.
Ready in: 9 hours 15 mins
IngredientsMakes: 6 cups
- 4 slices thick sliced American bacon
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao chocolate chips
- 1 tsp shortening
- 3 2/3 cups half and half
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 1/8 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 45 mins | Extra time: 8 hours, chilling
1. Bake bacon on sheet tray at 325 degrees until crisp, no turning necessary. Drain on paper towels. Place a rack over sheet tray and place bacon on that. Gently melt chocolate chips with shortening in microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring often. Drizzle chocolate over bacon, smoothing to cover with back of spoon, flip bacon and repeat on second side. Freeze.
2. Slit the vanilla bean down the side and scrape seeds into medium heavy bottomed sauce pan. Add bean, milk, cream and half and half. Bring to simmer and continue cooking about ½ hour, stirring often. Put eggs, yolks and sugar in mixing bowl and mix till well combined, about two minutes. Remove vanilla bean from pot. With mixer on low speed add 1 cup hot milk mixture in slow stream. Mix well. With milk mixture still on low heat, add egg mixture slowly, stirring constantly. Continue stirring until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Transfer to bowl and place plastic wrap directly on custard surface. Chill well, at least 6 hours.
3. Put custard into cold ice cream maker until of soft serve consistency. Remove bacon from freezer and break into small chunks, abt ½”. Transfer custard to freezer container, layering and folding in bacon bits. Freeze till firm. Yield abt. 6 cups.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Bacon ice cream recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 32 times, 1 visit(s) today