Addictive spaghetti pie recipe
Addictive Spaghetti PieThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
You’ll love this baked spaghetti dish stuffed full of Italian sausage, ground beef and FOUR different kinds of cheese!
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1 pound dry spaghetti pasta
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 pint sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce of your choice
- 4 links hot Italian sausage, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 ounces Velveeta(R) cheese, sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 1 (16 ounce) bag shredded mozzarella
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 45 mins | Extra time: 15 mins, resting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. Boil the spaghetti in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain well, and allow to cool to warm. Do not rinse! Once cooled, beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl, then whisk in the melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Mix the spaghetti into the eggs, and set aside.
3. Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over high heat until crumbly. Pour off excess grease, then stir in the garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Cook and stir until the beef has browned and the onion is tender, about 5 minutes more. Stir in the black pepper, ricotta cheese, and pasta sauce. Heat the mixture to a simmer then remove from the heat.
4. Toss the spaghetti and egg mixture again to remoisten the spaghetti, then pour into the prepared baking dish. Flatten the center a bit, pushing the spaghetti up the sides of the dish to make a “crust”.
5. Scatter the cooked sausage slices over the crust, then arrange the Velveeta slices over top. Spoon on the ground beef mixture, then sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, and the edges of the “crust” have crisped a bit, about 25 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Reference: Addictive spaghetti pie recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)