2 1 1 no brainer pancake waffle batter
2-1-1 No-Brainer Pancake/Waffle BatterThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Scratch batter made as easy (well, almost) as box mix, from a recipe so stupid simple I carry it around in my head. You can, too, if you memorize the three digits above — 2-1-1 — the amounts of the three key ingredients for a batch good for two or three medium eaters. Think of 2-1-1 as a scalable algorithm for breakfast. Go bigger or smaller as needed.
Ready in: 10 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp canola or other healthy oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup milk – less for waffles or thick pancakes, full cup for thin, almost crepe-like pancakes
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, beat together eggs, oil, milk.
3. Add liquid to dry ingredients. Mix with big spoon or spatula until smooth-ish, but still with a few small lumps.
4. For pancakes, heat griddle, very lightly greased, on medium high. Test for temp by flicking on droplets of water. When they hiss and disappear in a hurry you’re good. When bubbles form across top surface, the pancake is ready to flip.
5. Waffle guys just obey the iron, which self-senses heat. Newbies need to go light on batter, covering just over half the iron’s surface. A waffle-size pour, batter will overflow.Substitution
Once you get it wired, go crazy. For milk, sub in blends of milk or water and all sorts of dairy-ish products — ricotta or cottage cheese, cream cheese, plain yogurt, tofu. Add flavor and health cred by leaving out a little flour, subbing wheat germ, bran, whole-grain flour. Go easy on the health-nut stuff, or you get building material for breakfast.Visit my blog for more
Daddy of dadblogs does it all, including food
Share this content!
Reference: 2 1 1 no brainer pancake waffle batter
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.