Easiest Garam Masala preparation
Below recipe and instruction will make you about 70 g or 1 cup garam masala.
Did you ever wanted to make your own spice mix at home? No problem, here’s how you make garam masala in 3 easy steps.
You will need the following ingredients.
- 9 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons black cumin seeds
- 1 or 2 cloves
- ½ * piece cinnamon
- 1 pod cardamom
- 1 blade mace
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- pinch of nutmeg powder
- ½ teaspoon sesame powder
- ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry coconut pieces
- 5 or 6 pepper-corns
- Pinch of asafetida
- ½ bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil for roasting
Instructions to make garam masala
- Roast all ingredients, except salt, separately in oil.
- Grind to a fine powder and sieve.
- Add salt and store in an air-tight container.