Sweet potato pie recipe
Sweet Potato Pie
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Sweet potatoes, brown sugar, and spices are combined with an unexpected ingredient — Campbell’s(R) Condensed Tomato Soup — to make a delicious fall favorite with a twist.
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell’s(R) Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour 10 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Cover with water. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook 10 minutes over medium heat or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Place in mixer bowl. Add cream. Beat until potatoes are fluffy and almost smooth, using mixer at medium speed.
3. Beat soup, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir into potato mixture. Spoon potato mixture into prepared crust and place on baking sheet.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack to room temperature.
Tip: Substitute 1 3/4 cups drained and mashed canned sweet potatoes for fresh mashed sweet potatoes. Beat with cream until fluffy and almost smooth.
Reference: Sweet potato pie recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.