Salmon jambalaya recipe
Salmon JambalayaThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis delicious salmon jambalaya recipe is a flavorful twist on the classic Cajun dish. Packed with tender chunks of salmon, spicy andouille sausage, and a medley of vegetables, this dish is a perfect balance of heat and savory flavors. The combination of aromatic spices, such as paprika, cayenne pepper, and thyme, adds depth and complexity to the dish. Serve this hearty jambalaya over a bed of fluffy rice for a satisfying and comforting meal.
Keywords: salmon jambalaya, Cajun dish, spicy andouille sausage, flavorful, aromatic spices.
salmon jambalaya recipe details
Ready in: 45 mins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/4 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups hot vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 1/2 ounces large raw prawns, peeled
- 10 1/2 ounces salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Pour oil into a Dutch oven and set over medium-high heat. Cook onion, celery, green pepper, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and rice in hot oil for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in hot vegetable stock. Turn heat down to low. When sauce comes to a simmer, place a lid on the Dutch oven and cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, prawns, and salmon. Replace the lid and cook for another 4 minutes or so to cook the prawns and salmon. Rice should be cooked at this point.
4. Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Salmon jambalaya recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 129 times, 2 visit(s) today