Leo’s ceviche recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
This is the most wonderful ceviche ever. It is thick enough to be eaten as a meal and it is the only recipe I have found that kid’s enjoy. It was made by Leo Longoria from south Texas and is perfect in every way. Any fish will do but I recommend Red Fish first. I have also tried with Crappie and it is wonderful.
Ready in: 9 hours
- 5 pounds diced fish (1/4 inch squares)
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bundle cilantro (coriander)
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3 Serrano peppers
- 1 bundle green onions
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 2 (12 ounce) cans V8(R) juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
Prep: 9 hours
1. Place raw diced fish, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce in large bowl(the lemon juice will cook the fish). Leave in refrigerator overnight. In a separate large bowl, place chopped cilantro, tomatoes, chopped serrano peppers, and chopped green onions. Mix ketchup and V8 juice into chopped ingredients. Take fish from refrigerator and drain juice. Put fish into large bowl with all other ingredients; refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes. Serve with saltine crackers or tortilla chips.
Reference: Leo’s ceviche recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.