Grilled sirloin steak with blowtorch mustard crust recipe
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Blowtorch Mustard Crust
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Fire-lovers, it doesn’t get better than this. Cook this steak on the grill, then finish it off with the blue flame of the kitchen blowtorch. Inspired by CarolineMiLiArtiss’ “How To Cook The Perfect Steak”
Ready in: 30 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 1 sirloin steak (or more)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons demerara or turbinado sugar
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Brush steak with oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak.
6. Spread a layer of mustard on one side of the steak, then sprinkle sugar over the mustard.
7. Using a kitchen blowtorch, carefully melt the sugar until it is dark brown and bubbly. (You may also place the steak under a broiler for this step.) Serve.Note
Recipe makes enough mustard/sugar topping for 1 large steak. Increase amounts proportionally for more steak.
Reference: Grilled sirloin steak with blowtorch mustard crust recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.