Grilled flat iron steak with garlicky greek marinade recipe
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Garlicky Greek MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Healthy, spicy, delicious garlic flavors this tender grilled steak. Inspired by Austin Nielson’s “Greek Marinated Grilled Rib-eyes with a Tangy Tomato, Onion, and Kalamata Olive Relish”
Ready in: 1 hour 35 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, mashed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 flat iron steak (or more)
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Whisk together all ingredients except for steak in a mixing bowl. Pour into large plastic resealable bag, add steak, and seal the bag. Turn to coat, then refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of marinade, enough for 3 pounds of steak.
Reference: Grilled flat iron steak with garlicky greek marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)