Green tea chiffon cake
Recipe for green tea chiffon cakeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown. INGREDIENTS:
For Chiffon Cake:
100g all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 egg yolks
45g castor sugar
50g corn oil
2 tsp/3g green tea powder
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
For filling and topping:
480ml whipping cream
2-3 tsp green tea powder
Food colouring of your choice (option)
To prepare chiffon cake:
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda in A into a mixing bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients in A and mix well until the mixture is smooth and consistent.
- In a separate clean mixing bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar of Ingredients B at medium speed until the egg whites are bubbly. Add sugar and whip at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of whipped egg whites into mixture of Step 1. Then, pour this mixture to the remaining egg whites in the other mixing bowl. Fold gently to combine both mixtures.
- Pour this combined mixture into a 8-inch round cake pan. Bake at a preheated over at 170 deg C for 40-45 minutes.
- As soon as the cake is removed from oven, quickly invert the pan and let it cool.
- When the cake is completely cool, run a knife around the sides of pan to remove the cake. Slice cake into 3 layers.
To prepare filling:
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Spread whipped cream on first layer of cake. Sprinkle a little (about 1 tsp) of green tea powder onto whipped cream and sandwich with second layer. Repeat this procedure on second layer and then sandwich with the third layer.
- Spread some whipped cream on top and sides of cake. Decorate the cake with remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle some green tea powder on cake if you wish.
- Chill cake for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Green Tea Chiffon Cake is an easy and healthy cake to make, especially as a base of cake for special occasions like birthday, anniversary, children’s party etc.
Reference: Green tea chiffon cake
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)