Green tea chiffon cake
Recipe for green tea chiffon cakeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introGreen tea chiffon cake is a delightful and light dessert that combines the delicate flavors of green tea with a fluffy and airy texture. This recipe is perfect for those who enjoy the subtle bitterness of green tea and want to indulge in a guilt-free treat. With its vibrant green color and elegant presentation, this chiffon cake is sure to impress your guests. The recipe requires 60320 units of measurement (could be grams, milliliters, or any other unit) of ingredients, ensuring a perfectly balanced and delicious cake.
Keywords: green tea, chiffon cake, light, fluffy, elegant.
Green tea chiffon cake detailsINGREDIENTS:
For Chiffon Cake:
100g all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 egg yolks
45g castor sugar
50g corn oil
2 tsp/3g green tea powder
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
For filling and topping:
480ml whipping cream
2-3 tsp green tea powder
Food colouring of your choice (option)
To prepare chiffon cake:
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda in A into a mixing bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients in A and mix well until the mixture is smooth and consistent.
- In a separate clean mixing bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar of Ingredients B at medium speed until the egg whites are bubbly. Add sugar and whip at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of whipped egg whites into mixture of Step 1. Then, pour this mixture to the remaining egg whites in the other mixing bowl. Fold gently to combine both mixtures.
- Pour this combined mixture into a 8-inch round cake pan. Bake at a preheated over at 170 deg C for 40-45 minutes.
- As soon as the cake is removed from oven, quickly invert the pan and let it cool.
- When the cake is completely cool, run a knife around the sides of pan to remove the cake. Slice cake into 3 layers.
To prepare filling:
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Spread whipped cream on first layer of cake. Sprinkle a little (about 1 tsp) of green tea powder onto whipped cream and sandwich with second layer. Repeat this procedure on second layer and then sandwich with the third layer.
- Spread some whipped cream on top and sides of cake. Decorate the cake with remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle some green tea powder on cake if you wish.
- Chill cake for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Green Tea Chiffon Cake is an easy and healthy cake to make, especially as a base of cake for special occasions like birthday, anniversary, children’s party etc.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Green tea chiffon cake
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.