Easy spaghetti with ground turkey tomato sauce recipe
Easy Spaghetti with Ground Turkey Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Meaty, yes. But a healthy alternative to the traditional ground beef sauce.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry spaghetti pasta (one box)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet. Brown turkey in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat. Set aside.
2. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about five minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered. After 20 minutes, add the reserved turkey, then simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. For the spaghetti: A good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce. Serve!
Reference: Easy spaghetti with ground turkey tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)