Easy ditalini with zucchini tomato sauce recipe
Easy Ditalini with Zucchini Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis easy ditalini with zucchini tomato sauce recipe is a delicious and simple dish that can be whipped up in no time. The combination of tender ditalini pasta and flavorful zucchini tomato sauce creates a comforting and satisfying meal. With just a handful of ingredients, this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or when you're craving a quick and tasty pasta dish.
Keywords: easy, ditalini, zucchini, tomato sauce, recipe.
Easy ditalini with zucchini tomato sauce recipe details
Hearty and healthy to keep you full and happy. Easy to make, too.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound dry ditalini pasta (one box)
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until zucchini softens and begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Drain excess liquid. Set aside.
2. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions start to get soft (but before they get brown), about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mash up the whole tomatoes into smaller chunks.
5. Keep heating sauce until it starts to bubble (a.k.a. simmer), then turn the heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
6. For the ditalini: A good time to start boiling the water is just before you add the tomatoes to the sauce. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for the time directed on the pasta box.
7. When the ditalini is cooked, drain it and put it in a large bowl. Add the sauce and reserved zucchini. Serve!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Easy ditalini with zucchini tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 28 times, 1 visit(s) today