Cheaters sheherds pie or kid friendly meatloaf recipe
Cheaters Sheherds Pie or Kid Friendly Meatloaf
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Ever have a kid who wont eat Meatloaf? Your problem is solved… Every kid loves hamburger, loves to get messy and loves potatoes topped with melted cheese. Have your kid help you prepare this and it will quickly become one of his favorite meals.
Ready in: 1 hour 5 mins
- 1 Small Onion, Small Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Gravy Mix Powder
- 2 Pounds, Ground Chuck
- 1 Cup Brown Gravy
- 2 Cups Thick, Mashed Potatoes (instant works very well)
- 1 Cup Shredded, Cheddar Cheese
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 40 mins | Extra time: 5 mins, resting
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Over medium heat sauté Onions till translucent. Add Garlic and cook till lightly caramelized. Set aside 10 minutes in fridge to cool.
3. In a large bowl beat together Egg and sautéed mixture with gravy mix powder.
4. (Here’s where your kids can have fun)With clean hands, squish together the Ground Meat with the Egg Mixture till everything is combined.
5. Press meat mixture into a Loaf Pan and turn out, or shape by hand into a loaf, and place into the center of a 2 inch deep medium/large baking dish.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes or till 150 degrees F in center when tested on a meat thermometer.
7. Remove from oven,drain fat, and pour Gravy over top of Meat in pan.
8. Cover top of meat with Mashed Potatoes, and Sprinkle with Cheddar.
9. Bake an aditional 10-15 minutes till Cheese has melted, then place under broiler till Cheese slightly browns.
10. Pull pan out of oven and let rest 5-10 minutes to cool and absorb juices.
Reference: Cheaters sheherds pie or kid friendly meatloaf recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.