Recipe for banana rollsThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown. INGREDIENTS:
Makes 2 rolls
200ml iced water
5 pandan leaves
¼ tsp pandan paste (optional)
150g Koh Fun (cooked glutinous flour)
210g icing sugar, sifted
300g red bean paste
2 plastic bags of 20 x 29.5 cm
- Divide red bean paste into 2 portions (150g each). Place each portion into a plastic bag. Fold the plastic bag at 3cm from the opening. With a rolling pin, roll the red bean paste out in the plastic bag. The size of red bean paste is approx. 20 x 26.5cm now (deduct the folded portion of 3 cm). Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Blend pandan leaves in iced water to obtain juice. Strain to discard pulp. Take 150ml of pandan juice and add pandan paste into it.
- In a mixing bowl, combine koh fun, icing sugar and shortening. Turn the mixer to slow speed and add pandan juice in (2) gradually into mixture. Beat at slow speed until a non-sticky dough is formed. Make sure no lumps of shortening are found in dough.
- Divide ping pei dough into 2 portions (approx. 275g each). Place each portion into a plastic bag. Fold the plastic bag at 3cm from the opening. With a rolling pin, roll the dough out in the plastic bag. The size of ping pei dough is approx. 20 x 26.5cm now (deduct the folded portion of 3 cm). Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Cut the plastic bag at the edges to expose the ping pei dough. Let the plastic bag remains beneath the dough. Now, cut the edges of the plastic bag of red bean paste to expose it. Place the red bean paste on the ping pei dough. With the help of the plastic bag, roll up like a swiss roll. Wrap the whole roll with the plastic bag just now. Refrigerate for about 1 hour until firm.
- Cut into slices and serve . Best eaten chilled.
Share this content!
Reference: Banana rolls
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)