Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 pound (2 cups) sweet cream unsalted butter
- 1 pound (2 cups) smooth peanut butter
- 1 pound (2 cups) granulated sugar
- 1 pound (2 cups) light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound plus 12 ounces (3-1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking soda
- 1 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pound peanut butter chips
- Preheat convection oven to 375 degrees. (A conventional oven may be used, but the convection oven yields a better end product.)
- Mix together the butter, peanut butter, sugars, and eggs in a 5-quart mixer. Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly mix into batter just until blended. Add in chocolate and peanut butter chips just until mixed in well. Chill for approximately 1 hour.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter out onto parchment on a sheet pan. Keep cookies rounded; do not flatten. Bake in middle of oven for 8 minutes. Cookies will be browned but underbaked. Let sit undisturbed for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool. The remaining batter may be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen up to 1 month.