Lemon poppyseed bread
Lemon Poppyseed Bread
- 2 sticks (4 ounces) softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds (one small container)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- grated lemon rind from one lemon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 lemon juice
- lemon sauce (2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice). Stir sugar into lemon juice until it dissolves.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 5 mini loaf pans with Pamnon-stick cooking spray.
Cream butter and sugar in mixer. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add poppy seeds. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. In blender, put milk, lemon juice, and lemon rind to grind. Add flour mixture to batter alternately with milk and mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Using and ice cream scoop, put three scoops into each pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Pour lemon sauce over hot loaf. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out on rack to cool completely. Keeps for one week when well wrapped and refrigerated.
Tags: recipe, Lemon poppyseed bread, cooking, diy